Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder window size

Is there some way to make a new Finder window open with a size I choose, and not with the default size?

I have to manually enlarge the window all the time to see everything I want on it.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 4:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 1:06 PM

Hello Tweetybird71,

It sounds like you would like to resize the finder window and you would like it to save. We understand how important this is for you and we're here to help.

While resizing your finder window, make sure to hold down the option key. This should cause it to remember the size you prefer.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2020 1:06 PM in response to tweetybird71

Hello Tweetybird71,

It sounds like you would like to resize the finder window and you would like it to save. We understand how important this is for you and we're here to help.

While resizing your finder window, make sure to hold down the option key. This should cause it to remember the size you prefer.

Cheers!

Finder window size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.