Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FINAL CUT PRO X: Disconnecting video and audio in the project.

Hello,

I have a video clip on the video line without audio and a .wav on the audio one that I would like to synch up. How do I forego the magnetic storyline or disconnect the two clips so I can simply move them around? They were NOT created together; two separate files. Doing the synching by ear/eye.

I know this is a thing I should already know but I didn't.

THANK YOU ALL.

Michael

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 12:52 PM

You should use the sync clip function in the browser. Even if it can't sync the clips, it will stack them, video and audio, in a timeline. Double click the sync clip to open it and slide the audio around as you need to. In the browser the sync clip is a container acts like any other clip, and can be edit into a project. You can then use the expand audio function if you need to do split edits without detaching the audio. It's much better to work with the video and audio in a container. You can also make them into a compound clip, but I prefer the sync clip method as the clips indicates it's synced VANDA.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2020 12:52 PM in response to Michael Scully

You should use the sync clip function in the browser. Even if it can't sync the clips, it will stack them, video and audio, in a timeline. Double click the sync clip to open it and slide the audio around as you need to. In the browser the sync clip is a container acts like any other clip, and can be edit into a project. You can then use the expand audio function if you need to do split edits without detaching the audio. It's much better to work with the video and audio in a container. You can also make them into a compound clip, but I prefer the sync clip method as the clips indicates it's synced VANDA.

FINAL CUT PRO X: Disconnecting video and audio in the project.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.