Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant backup iPhone 11

Past: connect iPhone to iMac, invoke iTunes, and synching and backup would proceed. (I prefer to backup the iPhone to my iMac). Now: nothing happens, the iTunes does not show the phone.

Iphone 11 is 14.2 "up to date". Imac is Mojave, 10.14.6 also up to date.

How can I get the backup to happen? Synching is OK.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 12:45 PM

It turns out... I have a rubbery Tech21 case protecting the sides and back that interfere with this process. Oddly, inserting a cable to charge with the case on works fine, but in order to communicate to my iMac (2 iMacs and an Air) I have to remove the case. So, MoonJ you were very close as it was a physical connection issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2020 12:45 PM in response to MoonJ.

It turns out... I have a rubbery Tech21 case protecting the sides and back that interfere with this process. Oddly, inserting a cable to charge with the case on works fine, but in order to communicate to my iMac (2 iMacs and an Air) I have to remove the case. So, MoonJ you were very close as it was a physical connection issue.

cant backup iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.