Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recover deceased apple id password

My father passed away and we are hoping to allow my mother to use his ipad. However, we do not have his apple id password. Is the best way to get this information to actually make an appointment at the genius bar? Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation?

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 6:07 PM

First and foremost, condolences on the loss of your father. I was only 25 when my dad passed away and I still miss him dearly.

See the link below on how to gain access. If you happen to have the original sales receipt and a copy of the death certificate a Genius Bar might be able to help. Otherwise you’ll need to follow the instructions in the link.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2020 6:07 PM in response to Maransane

First and foremost, condolences on the loss of your father. I was only 25 when my dad passed away and I still miss him dearly.

See the link below on how to gain access. If you happen to have the original sales receipt and a copy of the death certificate a Genius Bar might be able to help. Otherwise you’ll need to follow the instructions in the link.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts

recover deceased apple id password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.