Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

google meet on new M1 processor MacBook

Having a problem that only other users' avatars show up (not their videos) and there is no sound. They can't see or hear me, but my screen shows my video on it.

I have used Google Meet before on another MacBook with no problems, didn't have to do any special permissions other than authorize Meet to use the camera and microphone at the beginning of the session.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 5:23 AM

the problem is the ethernet adaptor

Open Console Log and when you start a meet you will see a lot of

"com.apple.WebKit.Networking LibWebRTCSocketClient::sendTo failed with error 38"

Unplug ethernet cable and restart the meet on wifi.

Similar questions

20 replies

Jan 9, 2021 2:36 PM in response to mbroughton

Thank you so much mbroughton! I spent hours trying to figure out the problem and realized it was the ethernet adapter but I could not figure out anything else. I am not that savvy in terms of software and hardware issues, especially those related to network. I am glad Apple discussions exist and that kind and knowledgable people like you help and post solutions for us. Thanks, again.

Jan 28, 2021 1:14 AM in response to mbroughton

So this seems to now be fixed (by Google). I'm now running Chrome Version 88.0.4324.96 and I don't have any lacking video / sound in Google Meet with IPv6 enabled (tested on M1 and Intel based systems running Big Sur 11.1)

NOTE: I've also tested M1 and Intel Chrome versions on their intended architecture.

I'm now running fully on my M1 based system and have all my software packages (non-Apple) running smoothly. These are truly superb systems. The step up to my M1 MacPro 13 from my previous 2015 MacPro is astonishing. The performance is better than that of most of the desktop systems I have in circulation (Linux & MS based Intel Xeon Silvers mostly with GTX 1660 Supers).

I've been using Macs since they became BSD based with Mac OS X 10.0 (Cheetah) . This latest step to their own M1 chip had me worried but I'm more of a fan now than I was before (no financial incentive from Apple in my statement - but I'm willing to try out the Mac Pro M1 free of charge when you're ready Apple)!

Feb 9, 2021 1:58 PM in response to sascha232

What an amazing hidden fix. In a million years, I never would've guessed that it had something to do with the TCP/IP settings. Thanks to all in this thread for this. Google Meet now works on my new M1 Mini.

I did check to see if the setting stayed in a restart, and it did, and so far, Meet works great with the Ethernet cable plugged in, and no weirdness in Safari searches or other websites.

google meet on new M1 processor MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.