Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam texts from email addresses

This week I’ve received about a dozen spam text messages, each sent from a different Hotmail address to me and several vtext users whose phone numbers begin with the same six digits as mine.

I do not want to disable receiving texts from all people outside my contacts but I do want to, at least, report this, and, at best, make it stop.

Suggestions?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 10:15 AM

If they are spam emails then you can mark them as junk. IF they are text messages from email address then you can just delete them. You can also activate Filter Unknown Senders from Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Filter Unknown Senders : Set this to ON. This action will create a separate tab in your Messages app and keep messages from unknown senders in that tab.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 10:15 AM in response to Babette Gorman

If they are spam emails then you can mark them as junk. IF they are text messages from email address then you can just delete them. You can also activate Filter Unknown Senders from Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Filter Unknown Senders : Set this to ON. This action will create a separate tab in your Messages app and keep messages from unknown senders in that tab.

Axel F.

Spam texts from email addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.