Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my Iphone 6S+ in 2018. It still shows my login. How can I find where is it or should I remove the device from my account?

I lost my Iphone 6S+ in 2018. It still shows my login on the device. What should I do?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 10:01 PM

You have lost your iPhone 6s in 2018 (2 Years ago). You are not going to be able to locate it now using Find My. Too late for that because either the battery has been dead for months OR if someone found it then the person could not unlock it and therefore the iPhone was/is unable to get on the internet to report its position.

Should you remove it from your Apple ID's device list? Keeping it on your Apple ID account will prevent anyone from activating that iPhone. If you remove it then anyone can use that iPhone because your action will have removed the activation lock. It has been two years now and you have not found it. Your decision on whether to keep it or remove it from Apple ID.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2020 10:01 PM in response to mashood161

You have lost your iPhone 6s in 2018 (2 Years ago). You are not going to be able to locate it now using Find My. Too late for that because either the battery has been dead for months OR if someone found it then the person could not unlock it and therefore the iPhone was/is unable to get on the internet to report its position.

Should you remove it from your Apple ID's device list? Keeping it on your Apple ID account will prevent anyone from activating that iPhone. If you remove it then anyone can use that iPhone because your action will have removed the activation lock. It has been two years now and you have not found it. Your decision on whether to keep it or remove it from Apple ID.

Axel F.

I lost my Iphone 6S+ in 2018. It still shows my login. How can I find where is it or should I remove the device from my account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.