Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail App Search Issue

using iphone mail app for my office 365 exchange. when i tried to search for an email its shows only incomplete results. in my mail settings Mail Days to sync is set to No Limit...

when searches for an email its show maximum 1 month data + 2 to three emails from 2017

tried deleting account and readded back but still same..

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 11:18 PM

4 replies

Dec 7, 2020 7:55 AM in response to Rhlrna

Hello Rhlrna,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble with the Mail app it's not showing all your emails. We're happy to help. Is this only happening with one email account, your Office 365 Exchange email? Do you get the same results if you use your email providers mobile app?

Check out the following support article to verify your email settings:

Mail Settings Lookup

Cheers!

Dec 9, 2020 3:26 PM in response to Rhlrna

Hello Rhlrna,

Thanks for the additional information and we're glad to hear that you can retrieve your emails using the mobile apps. Are these work emails or personal emails? Did you configure and set up your email manually? The more details we have the better we can help.

Take a look at the articles below:

Set up Exchange ActiveSync on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

Dec 9, 2020 5:02 AM in response to Rhlrna

I am getting the same behavior with a Gmail account. The search results in Apple's Mail App are incomplete. Only a seemingly random subset of messages that contain the search string are returned in the results. Many messages that contain the search string are not found. Deleting the account and re-adding it does not fix the problem.

iPhone SE, iOS 14, Gmail Account, Mail App

Mail App Search Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.