Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot sync a second iMac on iCloud

after an iMac upgrade my iCloud account between two iMacs was not syncing. So I disconnected it and signed in again, but now I cannot see any file from my iCloud account... any suggestions?

I signed out again, turned off iMac and turned on again, with the same result

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 8:17 AM

Hello lucia 1962.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re unable to access files you’ve saved to iCloud on your any of your Macs. We are happy to help.

Are you using the same Apple ID on both Macs? Do you have enough iCloud storage? Please use the steps here to check for your available iCloud storage: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Please try the steps here: Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support

We also recommend the steps here: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 8:17 AM in response to lucia1962

Hello lucia 1962.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re unable to access files you’ve saved to iCloud on your any of your Macs. We are happy to help.

Are you using the same Apple ID on both Macs? Do you have enough iCloud storage? Please use the steps here to check for your available iCloud storage: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Please try the steps here: Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support

We also recommend the steps here: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Dec 9, 2020 2:55 AM in response to SnickZ.

Hi SnickZ,

I found that it just took a looong time for all my files to appear in the folder locally (synced to Mac): I was expecting a different behaviour, where files would slowly one-by-one appear and then sync, but it worked well in the end.

Thank you for getting back to me I appreciate your help!!

Look after yourself and have a good day,

Lucia

cannot sync a second iMac on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.