Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook not sycing with iMac desktop through iCloud

Can anyone assist with my iCloud issue. I recently had to get my laptop fixed from Apple and I had to reformat my computer when it was returned. I set it up as a new computer and tried syncing my iCloud desktop and documents in the settings but it is not seeming to sync with it? Any idea if there is a bug going on at the moment? Both computers are on Big Sir 11.5

Appreciate the help!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 9:15 PM

Stephen310 Said:

"Macbook not sycing with iMac desktop through iCloud[...]I set it up as a new computer and tried syncing my iCloud desktop and documents in the settings but it is not seeming to sync with it?[...]"

-------

Restart Frist:

Having already transferred these, start with a restart. Perhaps it all needs to resync?

If of no success...

Wait it Out:

It may take time for it all to sync.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 9:15 PM in response to Stephen310

Stephen310 Said:

"Macbook not sycing with iMac desktop through iCloud[...]I set it up as a new computer and tried syncing my iCloud desktop and documents in the settings but it is not seeming to sync with it?[...]"

-------

Restart Frist:

Having already transferred these, start with a restart. Perhaps it all needs to resync?

If of no success...

Wait it Out:

It may take time for it all to sync.

Aug 4, 2021 9:26 PM in response to Stephen310

If a restart doesn't help, try logging out of iCloud (settings > Apple ID > iCloud), wait 5-10 minutes, and then toggle it back on.

I was once able to "kickstart" transfer by uploading a document through to iCloud.com and by adding one to a directory that syncs on the Mac.

You could also log out of iCloud then open Activity Monitor and find the process named bird. Then select Stop process (octagon with the "x"). The process will start up again. Rebooting will do the same thing. Log back into iCloud.

Macbook not sycing with iMac desktop through iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.