Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop and documents won't sync on new MacBook Air

Hi

I just bought new MacBook Air with M1 chip. I have been able to set it up and I am logged into my iCloud account. Everything is syncing fine including settings, mail, messages, notes etc etc. Only problem is it won't sync specifically desktop and document folder. I have 3 separate Macs and they all sync very well. Only this MacBook Air is not syncing. I have gone into settings, Apple ID, iCloud Drive and under options selected desktop and documents folder to sync but it won't. I deselected and reselected twice in past 2 days but it still won't. Let me know what am I missing. Thanks

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 3:24 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Dec 7, 2020 9:46 AM in response to vedantfromtoronto

I have the same issue, on my MacBook Pro (2018). I just started in the last 24 hours. Documents that I created on my iPhone and saved to iCloud (Files) are showing and accessible on my iPad Air 2, My iPhone 7+ and when logging into iCloud through Safari. The files are not showing in my Mac. I've re-booted and forced a sync, but the files still do not show.

Dec 7, 2020 10:28 AM in response to Ssandtl42

Interesting, running MacMini circa 2011 with HS, iMac circa 2012 with Catalina and RMBA with T2 Clean Big Sur. The MBA did not have Desktop and Documents enabled by default. The single file on Desktop via Catalina iMac appeared on MBA with 1 minute of enabling . Guess it depending on the file to sync - was 3 KB

Desktop and documents won't sync on new MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.