Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to connect to my wifi at work. It is asking me to install a profile on my apple tv. My apple tv is the 3rd generation one. thank you!

I am trying to connect to my wifi at work. It is asking me to install a profile on my apple tv. My apple tv is the 3rd generation one. thank you!

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 1:26 PM

Apple TV (any model) is designed to connect to home networks, where network access may require a name and a password, but doesn’t ask for a username. Set up your Apple TV - Apple Support

For semi-permanent use, the captive portal sign-in credentials for enterprise networks can be included in a device profile, which will make the device automatically sign in every time. When taking the device back home to a different network, you will have to remove the profile again. You –or your network administrator– can add a device profile using Configurator, the tool for enterprise deployments.

Apple Configurator on the Mac App Store - Apple

Apple Configurator - Official Apple Support

Apple Configurator user guide - Apple Support

It may be easier to set up a separate router in between, without captive portal, if this is about a one day use.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 1:26 PM in response to EcaJD12

Apple TV (any model) is designed to connect to home networks, where network access may require a name and a password, but doesn’t ask for a username. Set up your Apple TV - Apple Support

For semi-permanent use, the captive portal sign-in credentials for enterprise networks can be included in a device profile, which will make the device automatically sign in every time. When taking the device back home to a different network, you will have to remove the profile again. You –or your network administrator– can add a device profile using Configurator, the tool for enterprise deployments.

Apple Configurator on the Mac App Store - Apple

Apple Configurator - Official Apple Support

Apple Configurator user guide - Apple Support

It may be easier to set up a separate router in between, without captive portal, if this is about a one day use.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.