You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps logging me out on iPhone 12

My apps are logging me out as if I have just down loaded them. Banking apps and Twitter for example. How do I stop this from happening?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 8:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 11:52 AM

Hi Bees69,

Thanks for reaching out through Apple Support Communities! Congratulations on your awesome new iPhone 12. We'd love to help.

Let's ensure we understand exactly what's going on with your device. Have you noticed if the same apps are logging out repeatedly?

If you haven't noticed if it's happening in the same apps, let us know if your iPhone was restored from a previous device when it was first set up. Is it possible that the apps haven't been opened since your new device was first set up and restored?

If so, this may be expected behavior. Third-party apps may require signing back into your respective accounts the first time they're launched after setting up a new device.

The following guide has more information about what you may expect after restoring a backup:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If it's occurring repeatedly on the same apps, let us know if the issue persists after restarting your iPhone. Also, please let us know the iOS version installed. This can be found under Settings > General > About.

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2020 11:52 AM in response to Bees69

Hi Bees69,

Thanks for reaching out through Apple Support Communities! Congratulations on your awesome new iPhone 12. We'd love to help.

Let's ensure we understand exactly what's going on with your device. Have you noticed if the same apps are logging out repeatedly?

If you haven't noticed if it's happening in the same apps, let us know if your iPhone was restored from a previous device when it was first set up. Is it possible that the apps haven't been opened since your new device was first set up and restored?

If so, this may be expected behavior. Third-party apps may require signing back into your respective accounts the first time they're launched after setting up a new device.

The following guide has more information about what you may expect after restoring a backup:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If it's occurring repeatedly on the same apps, let us know if the issue persists after restarting your iPhone. Also, please let us know the iOS version installed. This can be found under Settings > General > About.

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Have a great day!

Dec 7, 2020 2:40 PM in response to Brian_P7

Hi,

I turned off automatic updates on my apps and they no longer require me to log in like a newly downloaded app. It was happening with Twitter, Bank of America, and two other banking apps. When I first received the phone I had to download everything from the cloud and then sign in, which I did then everyday after that it made me log in like I had just downloaded it. Now that I turned off automatic update it is no longer doing that.

thanks for reaching out to me.

Dec 7, 2020 3:52 PM in response to Bees69

Hi Bees69,

We're glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue by turning off automatic updates. While it's possible that these apps made some changes that required you to sign back in, it's typically not expected behavior after an app updates.

If you wish to re-enable automatic updates, and determine that the issue returns, reach out to Apple Support for further assistance directly through our website here:

Get Support

Have a great day!

Apps logging me out on iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.