Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to open a new Apple Card Account? I have an account from 5 years ago.

I have a Barclay Apple card from five years ago. I made a purchase and paid it off. Can I use that card to make purchase now? Do I need to apply for the current Apple Card?

Thanks

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 9:11 AM

You may open an Apple Card account using your iPhone.

The Apple Card is newer and has nothing to do with Barclay's Apple Rewards card.

I have both and use them depending on who gives a better deal.

Sometimes Barclay Apple Rewards card offers 2x on points which gets you quicker to the $25 Apple gift card.

Other times, I choose the Apple Card to gain 3% cash back on Apple purchases and 0% interest rate financing.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 9:11 AM in response to ladymozart

You may open an Apple Card account using your iPhone.

The Apple Card is newer and has nothing to do with Barclay's Apple Rewards card.

I have both and use them depending on who gives a better deal.

Sometimes Barclay Apple Rewards card offers 2x on points which gets you quicker to the $25 Apple gift card.

Other times, I choose the Apple Card to gain 3% cash back on Apple purchases and 0% interest rate financing.

Nov 30, 2020 9:03 AM in response to ladymozart

As long as your cad is still active, you can continue to use it to make purchases sure.

However, the Barclaycard is not an Apple Card, so will not have the benefits of an Apple Card. Its juts a regular Visa credit card like the kind you would get from your own bank or credit institution. As such it has no addon features like the actual Apple Card has.

If you want the features of the Apple Card, then you need to apply for it.

Your Barclay Card is not related to the Goldman Sachs Apple Card in any way.

Do I need to open a new Apple Card Account? I have an account from 5 years ago.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.