Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer emails from Catalina to Big Sur

I need to transfer my emails accounts from an iMac running Catalina to another one running Big Sur. I though Migration Assistant would let me do this but it seems not to be selective on just emails. Is there an easy way to make this transfer?

DAvide

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 11:23 AM

Hey there David9999,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you had some issues migrating your mail between Mac computers. We’ll be happy to help with this.

If this didn’t work over migration, follow the steps in this link to export your mailboxes from your computer running macOS Catalina and then import them onto your computer with macOS Big Sur:

Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac

We hope this helps.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 11:23 AM in response to David9999

Hey there David9999,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you had some issues migrating your mail between Mac computers. We’ll be happy to help with this.

If this didn’t work over migration, follow the steps in this link to export your mailboxes from your computer running macOS Catalina and then import them onto your computer with macOS Big Sur:

Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Dec 7, 2020 11:29 AM in response to David9999

When I went through the setup process on my new M1 mini, I let Migration Assistant syphon from my Mojave Time Machine drive. All three of my email accounts and their associated emails were correctly installed on Big Sur. All I had to do was launch Mail, wait a second for it to convert the older Mojave Mail content, and then just use it.

Transfer emails from Catalina to Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.