Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tranferring mails from a Mac Mini to a Macbook Pro 2019

I'm actually using a Mac Mini late 2012 running High Sierra 10.13.6 and recently I got a Macbook Pro 2019 running Monterey 12.4. I would like to transfer only the emails and Mailboxes I've created in High Sierra to the new Mail installed in the Macbook Pro. I have tried to do it using Time Machine but I didn't find how. How can I solve this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 12:49 PM

For mailboxes that are stored on the mac itself (those that appear user “Om my Mac”):

Export them to a file from Mail in the Mini (File->Export Mailboxes, I think; not at my mac right now to confirm);

copy the file over to the new mac; File->Import and choose the file you copied over.

For mailboxes that are under an IMAP (including iCloud) or Exchange account, just recreate that account in ghe new mac, in System Preferences->Internet Accounts.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 12:49 PM in response to Sergio B Netto

For mailboxes that are stored on the mac itself (those that appear user “Om my Mac”):

Export them to a file from Mail in the Mini (File->Export Mailboxes, I think; not at my mac right now to confirm);

copy the file over to the new mac; File->Import and choose the file you copied over.

For mailboxes that are under an IMAP (including iCloud) or Exchange account, just recreate that account in ghe new mac, in System Preferences->Internet Accounts.

Tranferring mails from a Mac Mini to a Macbook Pro 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.