Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to turn off notifications about OS upgrades while still receiving notifications about updates?>

Is there a way to turn off notifications that push OS upgrades (specifically 10.15.7 to 11.1) while still receiving notifications about security and other updates to my existing OS? I'm not interested in an OS upgrade to version 11.1 yet since I've been using 10.17 only six weekss. I'll upgrade to OS 11 when it has has been out long enough to shake out the bugs.

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 7:15 AM

sevenbar wrote:

Is there a way to turn off notifications that push OS upgrades (specifically 10.15.7 to 11.1) while still receiving notifications about security and other updates to my existing OS? I'm not interested in an OS upgrade to version 11.1 yet since I've been using 10.17 only six weekss. I'll upgrade to OS 11 when it has has been out long enough to shake out the bugs.

from the Terminal.app copy and paste:

sudo softwareupdate --ignore "macOS Big Sur”

then

defaults write com.apple.systempreferences AttentionPrefBundleIDs 0 && Killall Dock

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 7:15 AM in response to sevenbar

sevenbar wrote:

from the Terminal.app copy and paste:

sudo softwareupdate --ignore "macOS Big Sur”

then

defaults write com.apple.systempreferences AttentionPrefBundleIDs 0 && Killall Dock

Is there any way to turn off notifications about OS upgrades while still receiving notifications about updates?>

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.