Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I download older version than 10.6 - I am using Mojave

I purchased Logic Pro X 2 years ago and recently had to downgrade my OS from Catalina to Mojave due to it started to be annoyingly slow on simple actions.

Currently I am on OS Mojave 10.14.6 and when i go to app store and try to install Logic Pro X it says "Logic Pro can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 10.15 or later is required."

Thanks

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 6:21 PM

octopi wrote:
Nope. It used to work that way but Apple stopped it. Edgar is correct. You may be seeing it slightly differently on El Capitan but that's not what the OP will see on Mojave.

Alright, so I just rebooted into Mojave.

Opened the App Store.

Clicked on my account name in the bottom left-hand corner.

Among others, there's my Logic Pro purchase, not installed.

Clicked on the "cloud" symbol:

"Download an older version of Logic Pro?

The current version requires OS X 10.15 or later, but you can download the last compatible version."

Clicked "Download".

Downloading as I'm typing this.

Voilà.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 6:21 PM in response to octopi

octopi wrote:
Nope. It used to work that way but Apple stopped it. Edgar is correct. You may be seeing it slightly differently on El Capitan but that's not what the OP will see on Mojave.

Alright, so I just rebooted into Mojave.

Opened the App Store.

Clicked on my account name in the bottom left-hand corner.

Among others, there's my Logic Pro purchase, not installed.

Clicked on the "cloud" symbol:

"Download an older version of Logic Pro?

The current version requires OS X 10.15 or later, but you can download the last compatible version."

Clicked "Download".

Downloading as I'm typing this.

Voilà.

Dec 1, 2020 6:36 PM in response to Lukas

Version 10.5.1, just installed on Mojave (3:17AM CET; need to get some sleep…):

(For the record, for the past 10 years I've been happily working with Logic Pro 9, and apart from a few quirks it still runs great on El Capitan, along with my "officially unsupported" audio interfaces. I only bought Logic 10 just yesterday, realizing that this is likely the last version that I will be able to buy on this Macbook, as it doesn't support Big Sur anymore. Also, just earlier today Ihave installed Logic 10.3.3 on my "antique" MacBook Pro 2008. Seems to run fine as well so far.)

Dec 1, 2020 5:37 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

jkbraincell wrote:

Currently I am on OS Mojave 10.14.6 and when i go to app store and try to install Logic Pro X it says "Logic Pro can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 10.15 or later is required."

Open the App Store and go to the section called something like "Purchased". (I'm currently on El Capitan; the App Store on Mojave looks differently.)

You should see your previously purchased Logic Pro listed there.

Click to install, and you will be asked if you want to install the latest compatible version for your current OS.

Dec 1, 2020 6:26 PM in response to Lukas

Lukas, I am very happy to read your post.

I've seen a couple of people (meaning I've been there in the room) where 'last compatible version' just would not show at all, which is silly!!

So I'm glad to see it is there/back, or whatever. I stand corrected and happily so. Will need to try this tomorrow on a couple of OS builds I have.

May I ask what country you're in?

Dec 1, 2020 6:47 PM in response to octopi

octopi wrote:

I've seen a couple of people (meaning I've been there in the room) where 'last compatible version' just would not show at all, which is silly!!

It might have been an App Store error.

Possibly related observation:

While I was checking the App Store now, I also had two apps in the "Updates" tab. Clicking on the Update button resulted in an error. After clicking on the apps' names and opening their full App Store page, clicking the "Update" button from there has worked and the apps were updated.

Where can I download older version than 10.6 - I am using Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.