Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old version of Logic Pro X (10.0.7) and would like to update to the highest possible version on High Sierra. The app store only offers 10.5 and my mac can not handle Catalina considering it is a late 2011.. PLEASE HELP!!

I have an old version of Logic Pro X (10.0.7) and would like to update to the highest possible version for High Sierra. The app store only offers 10.5 and my mac can not handle Mojave or Catalina considering it is a late 2011.. I really just want to use Alchemy.. PLEASE HELP!! Is it possible to update my old version of Logic anywhere besides the mac app store? possibly a link or download?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 22, 2020 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 7:25 PM

So you didn't even a dialog asking to install the last version compatible. It is possible it was masked by another window.

You can try the following:

Quit (Command-Q) Logic and the App Store app.

Make a copy of the Logic App from the Applications folder. Archiving it (Zip) is god enough. Move the copy in another location like the Desktop.

Be sure the original Logic App is no longer present in the Applications folder.

Open the App Store app and login.

Try to update/install Logic.

What is the result?

WD

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2020 7:25 PM in response to UniversalCrisp

So you didn't even a dialog asking to install the last version compatible. It is possible it was masked by another window.

You can try the following:

Quit (Command-Q) Logic and the App Store app.

Make a copy of the Logic App from the Applications folder. Archiving it (Zip) is god enough. Move the copy in another location like the Desktop.

Be sure the original Logic App is no longer present in the Applications folder.

Open the App Store app and login.

Try to update/install Logic.

What is the result?

WD

May 22, 2020 7:04 PM in response to Wilddrums

When I clicked update it just showed a loading wheel in the top left of the app store and nothing else happened. Closed it and tried again with the same result... I just double checked it, and now if I go to the purchased tab on the app store next to Logic it no longer says update, it just says open. When I click open, it is still the old version of logic that I purchased back in 2014.

I have an old version of Logic Pro X (10.0.7) and would like to update to the highest possible version on High Sierra. The app store only offers 10.5 and my mac can not handle Catalina considering it is a late 2011.. PLEASE HELP!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.