Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get older logic pro versions? System - big sur, mid 2014 mac book pro, 16GB RAM,

How can I get older logic pro versions? System - big sur, mid 2014 mac book pro, 16GB RAM. Some forums say I can log in using a newer system, purchase logic, then come back and download the relevant version.

1. Is this correct? Will this work?
  2. A mid 2014 Mac Book runnig Big Sur, 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 should work fine against the relevant download but just in case, will this spec be able to run the older versions of logic?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 6:12 AM

Mid2014MacBookPro wrote:

1. How can I get older logic pro versions? System - big sur, mid 2014 mac book pro, 16GB RAM. Some forums say I can log in using a newer system, purchase logic, then come back and download the relevant version.
Is this correct? Will this work?

You need access to a Mac running Monterey 12.3 or later to install Logic Pro. You need to download it under your current Apple ID. Once you do that, you can download a version to a Mac running Big Sur.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2023 6:12 AM in response to Mid2014MacBookPro

Mid2014MacBookPro wrote:

1. How can I get older logic pro versions? System - big sur, mid 2014 mac book pro, 16GB RAM. Some forums say I can log in using a newer system, purchase logic, then come back and download the relevant version.
Is this correct? Will this work?

You need access to a Mac running Monterey 12.3 or later to install Logic Pro. You need to download it under your current Apple ID. Once you do that, you can download a version to a Mac running Big Sur.

How can I get older logic pro versions? System - big sur, mid 2014 mac book pro, 16GB RAM,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.