You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bose headphones volume controller not working with the iPhone SE 2020

I purchased the adaptor that combines lightning port and 3.5mm headphones port in one, to connect to my new iPhone SE 2020.

The volume controller on Bose headphones is unusable: I cannot adjust volume with it, when earphones jack is plugged to the iPhone through the adapter. The only way to adjust the volume is to use the iPhone's volume controller.

If I use the Apple earphones, connected directly to the device, I can use the headphones' volume controller with no problem.

Does it mean that the adapter is defective, or something else?

Thank you

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 1:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 4:31 PM

Hey there iporton,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having some issues use the volume control on your Bose headphones. We're happy to provide some assistance.

To help isolate the issue, try using another pair of headphones that would work with your adapter. If the issue persists with another pair of headphones, contact Bose for assistance.

If the issue persists with another pair of headphones on the same adapter, is this an Apple adapter? If so, contact us here: Get Support

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2020 4:31 PM in response to iporton

Hey there iporton,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having some issues use the volume control on your Bose headphones. We're happy to provide some assistance.

To help isolate the issue, try using another pair of headphones that would work with your adapter. If the issue persists with another pair of headphones, contact Bose for assistance.

If the issue persists with another pair of headphones on the same adapter, is this an Apple adapter? If so, contact us here: Get Support

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Bose headphones volume controller not working with the iPhone SE 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.