Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cupertino Time displayed in Log-In screen

M1 MacBook Air macOS 11.0.1

When I power up my MacBook, the top right hand corner displays;

British Keyboard

A Battery Charge indicator

A digital clock showing the time 8 hours behind GMT (UTC) so at 10:02 it was displaying 02:02.

The menu bar, once loaded, shows the correct time.

Is this usual? I wonder if it's something to do with the time in Cupertino when the computer accesses the cloud/Apple ID?

I understand there are bug-fixes in macOS 11.1 relating to the M1 chip because there ARE different behaviours compared with Intel based Macs running 11.0.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 2:46 AM

8 replies

Dec 2, 2020 8:24 PM in response to richardfromheswall

richardfromheswall wrote:

M1 MacBook Air macOS 11.0.1
When I power up my MacBook, the top right hand corner displays;
British Keyboard
A Battery Charge indicator
A digital clock showing the time 8 hours behind GMT (UTC) so at 10:02 it was displaying 02:02.
The menu bar, once loaded, shows the correct time.
Is this usual? I wonder if it's something to do with the time in Cupertino when the computer accesses the cloud/Apple ID?
I understand there are bug-fixes in macOS 11.1 relating to the M1 chip because there ARE different behaviours compared with Intel based Macs running 11.0.1

File a bug report—Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

I would not try to reinstall the macOS on the M1 there are some known issues here as well.

Dec 2, 2020 8:16 PM in response to richardfromheswall

Hi all, same issue on my two new laptops - Pro and Air, both M1s. Spent an hour with support - normal and escalated, tried to run terminal in recovery mode and change time - no luck. Guy suggested to re-install OS, but as this is time consuming i didnt want to do so. He thinks its OS bug, so we have to wait till next patch - I asked him to inform development team about this. Just curious how wide spread is this issue.

Cupertino Time displayed in Log-In screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.