Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I update photo to iphoto

how do I update photo to iphoto since it is not compata

ble

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 6:37 AM

Your question is ambiguous, but I will take a stab.

Photos is the newer program. It replaced iPhoto several years ago. You can get Photos to convert an iPhoto Library. Launch Photos with the option key held down. from the resulting dialog, choose your iPhoto Library. Photos will create a new Photos Library.

If I take your question literally, there is no reverse process to go from Photos to iPhoto. You will have to export all the Photos images as originals and import them into your iPhoto library.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 6:37 AM in response to Babbz20

Your question is ambiguous, but I will take a stab.

Photos is the newer program. It replaced iPhoto several years ago. You can get Photos to convert an iPhoto Library. Launch Photos with the option key held down. from the resulting dialog, choose your iPhoto Library. Photos will create a new Photos Library.

If I take your question literally, there is no reverse process to go from Photos to iPhoto. You will have to export all the Photos images as originals and import them into your iPhoto library.

how do I update photo to iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.