Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Replied Email' Icon Doesn't Find Replied Emails

After updating OS to Big Sur on my MacBook Pro, the 'replied email' curly arrow icon next to the email in my Mail inbox no longer links to the replied email if I wish to find that email reply. How can this be activated again please?

MacBook

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 8:50 AM

12 replies

Dec 8, 2020 6:54 AM in response to GautamRH

Hello GautamRH and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like no one has responded to your question. Here are a couple things that might help others answer your question:

What happens when you click on the Replied icon just to the left of a message to which you've replied? is it just unresponsive? Is this true for all messages or just some? Is this an iCloud account or is it an account from a different provider?

Cheers.

Jan 19, 2021 12:33 AM in response to Old Toad

Thnx Old Toad, but clicking just shows me the content of the mail. I've "Organise by Conversation" turned off. When I turn it on, I indeed can see the whole conversation including my reply but I've to search for it.

I don't want Organise by Conversation, it's gives me the feeling I loose control.

In previous versions clicking the curved arrow brought me directly to the relevant reply, perfect! Apparently Apple has changed that.

Jan 20, 2021 3:52 AM in response to Petie81

The only solution I have found so far is to go to View > Show Related Message when you have the relevant email selected in a folder. The related/replied message will display on the window of the current selected email in your folder. Not the same as the simple one-step clicking on the curved arrow, but a usable alternative for now.

Feb 11, 2021 1:35 PM in response to karina184

When you click on the Replied icon just to the left of a message, nothing happens (other than selecting that message if it's not already displayed). It happens for all messages and I have an iCloud account.

This was a very handy feature in previous versions of Mail. Many users want it back. How hard can that it be to do? Come on Apple; admit you deleted this feature inadvertently and put it back in.

'Replied Email' Icon Doesn't Find Replied Emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.