Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder Help: I would like to organise my folders alphabetically and files by date

On my MacBookPro I would like to organise my folders in alphabetical order and the files within in date order. I only seem to be able to do one or the other for all.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 9:43 AM

philipfromwilts wrote:

Hi, thank you for your quick reply. Could you put in simple persons explanation please. To further explain my idea; I would like to be able to find my folders in alphabetical order and then when open a folder would see the files in date order.

Yes.

In your Finder Window— select a heading will organize accordingly, click the heading again will reverse the order.

Organize your files in the Finder on Mac - Apple Support

Sort and arrange items in the Finder on Mac - Apple Support

I find that the " List" view the easiest to read/organize:

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 9:43 AM in response to philipfromwilts

philipfromwilts wrote:

Hi, thank you for your quick reply. Could you put in simple persons explanation please. To further explain my idea; I would like to be able to find my folders in alphabetical order and then when open a folder would see the files in date order.

Yes.

In your Finder Window— select a heading will organize accordingly, click the heading again will reverse the order.

Organize your files in the Finder on Mac - Apple Support

Sort and arrange items in the Finder on Mac - Apple Support

I find that the " List" view the easiest to read/organize:

Finder Help: I would like to organise my folders alphabetically and files by date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.