Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple One

If I switch from my current iCloud storage account which is associated with my account for apps to the Apple One storage plan account, will all my files on my iCloud account stay intact? I would not be switching the iCloud account.

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 10:33 AM

Derf60 wrote:
...will all my files on my iCloud account stay intact?

Yes, as long as your "storage plan account" remains the same capacity, or the capacity is increased by the Apple One plan. Get Apple One - Apple Support

2 replies

Dec 6, 2020 11:45 AM in response to Ferd II

I have my iCloud Storage with a different Apple ID from the one I use for Music, Apple TV+, etc. My family sharing was through the iCloud Apple ID. My Apple One is through my Apple Music Apple ID. How do I get Apple One set up so my kids can use the 2TB storage. Right now they get a message that they can't join because they already belong to a Family.

Apple One

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.