Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max - Instagram Stories Lens Issue

Got the new iPhone 12 Pro Max and I'm having a weird issue on Instagram. Whenever I try to record a story using the camera feature inside the app, the camera starts on a "normal angle" and then jumps out to the iPhone's "wide angle" about 5 seconds into recording the story.

The camera appears to be doing this automatically - I'm not pressing or selecting anything other than hitting the record button. Even if I zoom in before I start recording, the camera will still swap back to the wide angle lens once I start filming.

So far, I have restarted my phone, made sure the IG app is updated, and I've disabled both Lens Correction and Scene Detection in the iPhone Camera Settings. The issue is still happening. Please note - this issue is not present in the iPhone's native camera app so I'm thinking this is an instagram specific glitch. Curious if anyone else is having this problem and if it's present on any other apps besides Instagram...

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 4:54 PM

I fixed this issue by:

1. Uninstall Instagram
  2. Force Restart iPhone.

2.1 Quickly press the volume up button

2.2 Quickly press the volume down button.

2.3 Press and hold the power button until you see the apple logo.

3.Install Instagram again

11 replies

iPhone 12 Pro Max - Instagram Stories Lens Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.