Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs uploading incomplete to icloud

Songs downloaded from the internet and then put into my itunes are uploading incomplete to icloud. They play complete on my iMac. When accessing them with my iphone6 they play half way through then jump to the next song. On the iphone it will say "5:23 minutes" but it will get to "2:12 minutes" and go to the next song. CDs that I import-no problem. Songs download from itunes-no problem. Songs ripped from the internet-problem. Never was a problem before. As I said-they play fine on the desktop iMac itself. This only started 2 weeks ago. Anyone ever experience this? Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 3:21 PM

gerbonzo wrote:

Songs downloaded from the internet and then put into my itunes are uploading incomplete to icloud. They play complete on my iMac. When accessing them with my iphone6 they play half way through then jump to the next song. On the iphone it will say "5:23 minutes" but it will get to "2:12 minutes" and go to the next song. CDs that I import-no problem. Songs download from itunes-no problem. Songs ripped from the internet-problem. Never was a problem before. As I said-they play fine on the desktop iMac itself. This only started 2 weeks ago. Anyone ever experience this? Any help would be appreciated.

That there looks like it might be the issue as it sounds like non-matched music files are becoming corrupt in iCloud. The following will be able to assist in checking iCloud music library upload status for the files -- Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 3:21 PM in response to gerbonzo

gerbonzo wrote:

That there looks like it might be the issue as it sounds like non-matched music files are becoming corrupt in iCloud. The following will be able to assist in checking iCloud music library upload status for the files -- Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support.

Dec 1, 2020 3:57 PM in response to zinacef

Thanks for the reply. I have had all that checked. The songs all say UPLOADED. Last week I downloaded an album from a site where I paid for the download. It was in mp3 format. I loaded the album into itunes. The album plays complete on my desk top iMac. It UPLOADED into icloud. It shows on my iphone6s. I downloaded the album onto my iphone6s. Some of the tracks play complete. About 1/3rd of the tracks stop midway and jump to the next track. I deleted it from my phone and from my iMac. I reloaded the tracks back into my iMac and then re-downloaded the album onto my iphone6s. Now, the 2nd time some of the tracks that were incomplete the first time were complete AND some of the tracks that were complete on the first try were now incomplete. Huh???

Songs uploading incomplete to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.