Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing cursor

I recently noticed that my cursor is disappearing. To get it back I have to go up and click somewhere in the menu bar. This fixes the problem, but only until I switch to another program.

Any suggestions on how to fix this is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 8:55 PM

Id first start by flashing the PRAM. When you do make sure that you wait until it chimes at least 5 times before letting go. If that doesn't work start by trashing the .plists below, then restart. Just be aware once you trash them they will revert to their 'default' setting.

~/Library/Preferences

com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse

com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse

com.apple.AppleMultitouchMouse

com.apple.finder

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 8:55 PM in response to michaelgraham2

Id first start by flashing the PRAM. When you do make sure that you wait until it chimes at least 5 times before letting go. If that doesn't work start by trashing the .plists below, then restart. Just be aware once you trash them they will revert to their 'default' setting.

~/Library/Preferences

com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse

com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse

com.apple.AppleMultitouchMouse

com.apple.finder

Dec 1, 2020 9:25 PM in response to michaelgraham2

This seems to be a common issue for a lot of people. Take a look at this community post - cursor disappears after Mojave upgrade - Apple Community

As mentioned previously, resetting the PRAM might solve the issue. Instructions for resetting can be found @ Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

It also appears that some users have had luck pressing ⌘ tab. Probably not a great permanent solution but maybe it can help in a pinch.

Disappearing cursor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.