Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

hello, i live in Jamaica and bought an unlock used iphone6 plus 2-3 years ago on amazon. i gave my little brother the phone, unfortunately the screen got cracked and after several tries the phone was disabled. after a few months we fixed the screen and wipe the phone only to see the activation lock came up. i put my icloud email and password seeing that i was using the phone before him did but its saying " your email cannot unlock this iphone" his icloud address said the same. what cam be done to unclock the phone?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 5:48 PM

Ask the seller to remove the lock or give you a refund. It's an anti-theft measure.

(187286)

2 replies

Dec 1, 2020 5:57 PM in response to josan96

There is nothing that can be done to get that Activation Lock removed except to enter the correct Apple ID and Password.

I believe that when you bought the iPhone 6 Plus, it was a lost or stolen iPhone that was sold to you. The seller probably had a one time unlock to sell the iPhone which worked until you had to reset the iPhone because it was disabled.

Axel F.

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.