Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of static "Passwords..." popup on the left side of screen - MacOS Big Sur on MBP Retina

I keep getting an annoying "Passwords..." popup on the left side of my screen that does nothing when I click on it, and there's nothing I can do to get it away. It sits on top of all windows, and I can't switch to any "window" to quit or force quit. It's really annoying. I restart the MacBook, and it's ok for a bit, then all of a sudden it's there again and I can't get rid of it... I've attached a screenshot where you can see the annoying little guy on the left as I'm typing this post. Anyone experienced this before and know how to get rid of it?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 9:16 PM

In case you're struggling with this, out of pure frustration, I hit CMD + Click on the button and it disappeared... Didn't open anything though, so still really annoying and I think a bug Apple should look into, but at least this helped to remove it.

2 replies

How to get rid of static "Passwords..." popup on the left side of screen - MacOS Big Sur on MBP Retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.