You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 12 contacts are not syncing to iCloud even though it is ON.

My iPhone 12 contacts are not syncing to iCloud even though it is ON. I need all my contacts synced to iCloud as a backup. It is a new iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 14, any ideas?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 8:47 AM

9 replies

Dec 8, 2020 3:41 PM in response to Achilles2000

Hi there Achilles2000,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like Contacts are not showing across your devices or on iCloud. We’ll be happy to help.

Follow these steps: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync.

If the issue continues, let us know the following details:

-Is this with Contacts added to your iPhone 12, or do Contacts created on another device fail to update on your iPhone 12?

-Are you connected to Wi-Fi?

-Does other iCloud data update across your devices?

Best regards.

Jan 11, 2021 8:59 AM in response to MoonJ.

I am having the same issue. I recently purchased an iPhone 12 pro and the contacts are not syncing to iCloud. I am logged into the same apple id, the contacts are turned on in iCloud. None of the steps suggested in your article have solved the problem. The calendar, mail, notes, messages etc all sync properly. I am on the same wifi. Thanks for your help.

Feb 28, 2021 4:40 PM in response to vanderbilt401

Hi, Vanderbilt 401. I have just bought my wife an iPhone 12 mini and she is experiencing the same problem with contacts not syncing over from her previous iPhone 6S. She has been using a Gmail account for her iCloud drive also, over these last 4 years. Were you able to solve the problem or have you resorted to the long road of manually inputting the contacts?

Mar 7, 2021 7:27 AM in response to MoonJ.

I cannot get my contacts and calendar created in Outlook w/ an AOL email address to sync w/ my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I am able to set my AOL email address up in both Outlook on my W10 laptop (after a very long call to Dell technical support) but the email is not synced, I just have both my AOL email set up in Outlook on both my iPhone 12 and my Dell laptop w/ W10.

I am pretty good at following directions but not real technical. Knowing what I know now, I don't think I would have created an AOL email address a very long time ago.

Pls help!, thank you!!,

My iPhone 12 contacts are not syncing to iCloud even though it is ON.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.