Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does not allow me to use external display with Macbook Air M1 closed

Monitor says no signal if I plug USB-C to Digital AV Multiport Adapter A2119 (with USB-C power and HDMI plugged in) into a closed Air M1. Must plug USB-C power into Air M1 then plug in Adapter into 2nd port on M1. How to fix?

MacBook

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 7:16 PM

The A2911 adapter has power from the m1 stock power adapter, connects directly to usb-c power slot on A2119 designated for that purpose. Monitor is separately powered on its own AC brick. Mouse is Logitech anywhere mx 2s. Keyboard apple magic. Big sur has no clamshell mode setting by that name

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 2, 2020 1:47 PM in response to Singbot

Do you also have an external keyboard and trackpad/mouse connected? That's required for clamshell mode.

Use your Mac notebook computer in closed-display mode with an external display - Apple Support

AC power is also required, and it sounds like your monitor isn't providing sufficient power. What monitor? Some that have USB-C power delivery only provide 15 W of power, e.g. to charge a tablet. That's not enough for your Mac.

Does not allow me to use external display with Macbook Air M1 closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.