Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit Invite Causes Loss of Admin Privileges

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I have the same issue with iOS 14 as I did with iOS 11-13. Basically, when I invite my wife to control accessories in my home, it results in her having no access and me losing my administrative privileges. Currently, I'm a member of a house (my wife is not), but I can not create automations or change any of the entities. In other words, its as I'm an invited member to the home I created and the "allow editing" has been turned off.

Steps:

1. Create a new home in the home app

2. Add one device

3. Send invite to another user

4. The invite is received

5. When the user tries to accept, the application freezes.

6. The result is that they do not have any access, the invitation disappears from both iPhones, and my access privileges are downgraded so that I can not control any editing.

Attempted Remedies:

1. We use an Apple TV 4 as a home hub. We have logged out of iCloud and performed a factory reset.

2. We have disabled homekit iCloud on both devices and logged in and out of iCloud on both devices.

Any thoughts?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 10:36 AM

That "factory reset" you performed, was that on the hubs? If you did that and it hasn't resolved, next step https://getsupport.apple.com.

Similar questions

1 reply

Homekit Invite Causes Loss of Admin Privileges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.