Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I add my wife to be able to control my Home, I get locked out of editing the Home

I have some Wemo devices that I’ve added to HomeKit. When I do the initial setup, everything is great. I have full administrative privileges in the Home app (adding and removing devices). Once I add my wife or kids (who are on my iCloud family account), I suddenly lose all privileges to edit. Ditto for my wife. We both end up having to abandon the account in Home.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 11:36 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 26, 2020 12:57 PM in response to zinacef

Yes, all devices concerned are updated to the latest, and signed into iCloud with “Home” active. All prerequisites described on that page were satisfied, and all steps to invite and accept followed.

i would add that I’ve had this problem for as long as I’ve owned my house (2 years), and have tried at every new major version of iOS in the hopes that the problem is resolved.

When I add my wife to be able to control my Home, I get locked out of editing the Home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.