Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to FCPX version previous to 10.5

How can I update FCPX 10.4 8 to 10.4.9 (or 10.4.10)? I do not want to update to 10.5 yet. I'm running OSX 10.14.6 and can't update that yet either. Thanks!

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 7:25 PM

5 replies

Dec 3, 2020 9:33 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the reply. I moved the FCPX app to the trash and went back to the App Store app. Went to the Final Cut page and clicked on the little cloud-download icon since I saw no other options for downloading the software. I got an error saying "Final Cut Pro can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 10.15.6 or later is required." To me, this means its only trying to install the latest version because 10.4.9 is working just fine on my MBP running OS 10.14.6.

I seem to recall being able to download previous version in the past, but maybe I'm thinking of Adobe updates. Am I thinking correctly or is there an other option? Thanks!

Updating to FCPX version previous to 10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.