Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur mail - jump to top of inbox

How do I jup to the top of the inbox (most recent email)? For example, if I have just searched for and read an email from 3 months ago, so that message is selected, but now I want to go back to the top of the inbox, or the most recent email I received. There has to be an easier way to get there than scrolling all the way up. With previous MacOS I could just click above the area just above the list of messages and immediately jump to the most recent email. Thank you.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 11:30 PM

11 replies

Dec 3, 2020 9:31 AM in response to marilynfromorange

marilynfromorange Said:

Big Sur mail - jump to top of inbox: [...] There has to be an easier way to get there than scrolling all the way up. With previous MacOS I could just click above the area just above the list of messages and immediately jump to the most recent email.[...]

———-

Two Things to Do:

A. Reset Caches in Safe Mode:

What if you restart your Mac? Try restarting your Mac in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, corrupt system files (i.e. caches) may be reset.

1. Hold Down: the shift key upon boo
  2. Log In: as same used
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Shut Down: your Mac
  5. Wait: 30 seconds
  6. Power On: the Mac
  7. Log In: as normal

Is all fixed?

If Not...

B. Provide your Feedback:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your feedback of this issue. Include how you’ve troubleshot this, and your results. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive from its users, the more likely they will know what needs to be fixed, and what their customers prefer in updates, and future macOS versions to come. It may not be a bug, if it is not part of the macOS. So, use “Feature Request”, rather than “Bug Report”, for the “Feedback Type”.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Installation/Setup" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Big Sur mail - jump to top of inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.