Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lenovo ThinkPad Dockingstation for MacBook Pro

Hello,

I would like to use my MacBook Pro ( v. 11.0.1) with a Lenovo ThinkPad USB-C docking station.

Unfortunately I can't find any drivers for MacOS on the official Lenovo site. Are there any other solutions?

BR

C

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 6:16 AM

The dock itself will work if you only need a single display, no drivers needed (you can connect two displays, but they'll just mirror because the Windows uses MST for dual displays and Macs don't support it). If you want dual displays, you need another dock. The least expensive option is the Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock from OWC. I have used TB3 docks from Elgato and Brydge (Stone Pro) for dual displays.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2020 6:16 AM in response to Ctrlo

The dock itself will work if you only need a single display, no drivers needed (you can connect two displays, but they'll just mirror because the Windows uses MST for dual displays and Macs don't support it). If you want dual displays, you need another dock. The least expensive option is the Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock from OWC. I have used TB3 docks from Elgato and Brydge (Stone Pro) for dual displays.

Lenovo ThinkPad Dockingstation for MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.