Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screensaver does not change pictures

My screen saver starts with a photo from the folder I selected. However, the same photo just sits there; the screensaver does not change the pictures. I recently updated to OS Big Sur 11.0.1

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 9:00 AM

Thanks for your response.

There are several options for the picture change: origami, vintage prints, photo wall, etc. On these three, the pictures will change and cycle through. On others, like classic or shifting tiles or sliding panels, the photos don't change. Those are six that I have tried. Three change and three do not. After that, I stopped testing. I kind of prefer classic and wish that it would work properly.

Thanks again.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 9:00 AM in response to SnickZ.

Thanks for your response.

There are several options for the picture change: origami, vintage prints, photo wall, etc. On these three, the pictures will change and cycle through. On others, like classic or shifting tiles or sliding panels, the photos don't change. Those are six that I have tried. Three change and three do not. After that, I stopped testing. I kind of prefer classic and wish that it would work properly.

Thanks again.

Dec 9, 2020 3:15 PM in response to vandesc

Hey there vandesc!

It sounds like you are having trouble getting your photos to change in the screensaver you've selected on your Mac. We can understand needing a solution for this issue and would like to give you a few helpful tips.

To start, are you using a folder with the specific photos you would like to see when the screensaver is on? If so, when you look at the folder in the Finder, are all the photos showing?

Let's have you change the screensaver you want to use. Do you see all the photos when you use the Photo Wall or Vintage Prints for example?

For steps on how to modify your screensaver settings, look here: Use a screen saver on your Mac

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jan 27, 2021 7:09 PM in response to vandesc

Make sure you are not in Do Not Disturb mode; you want the moon icon at the top-right of your screen to be gray, not black.

If you must be in Do Not Disturb mode, enabling the clock as BobMac16 mentioned will work. To enable the clock, go to System Preferences/Desktop & Screen Saver then look at the bottom bar and check the box "Show with clock".

screensaver does not change pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.