Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just upgraded to Big Sur and now I cannot change my Desktop or Screensaver, why?

I went to Preferences and Desktop and Screensaver and chose the Photos albums I have always used.

The pictures are displayed in those options, but nothing changes on my screen. Still have the rainbow of colors.

Have tried to restart, but nothing changes.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 8:43 AM

Thank you! Safe mode did not help, but at one point I clicked on one of the pictures in the album I wanted to use and it filled my screen. Went back and reset the timing from one minute to five seconds and it has begun too work.

2 replies

Aug 22, 2021 2:37 PM in response to topcop1

Hello topcop1,

We'd love to assist you with getting your screensaver saved. Does the issue occur while in safe mode? If you are not familiar with the safe mode steps, you can follow the steps here: How to use safe mode on your Mac

to get it done. Once in safe mode, you'd want to use the Mac as you normally would to see if the issue occurs again. You can tell when the Mac is in safe mode because on the desktop it will show the words Safe Boot in the top right-hand corner of the screen. 

Also,  is the issue occurring in a different user account. If you already have another user account set up, then you can use that one or create a new one to test in using the steps here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Best regards

Just upgraded to Big Sur and now I cannot change my Desktop or Screensaver, why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.