Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock screen message

I want to put an "in of emergency" on my husband's sport phone, so that in case he is injured, someone can reach me. How do I add that to the lock screen on the new iPhone mini?

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 4:30 PM

Your iPhone has an emergency capability that most EMTs are aware of.

See especially “add emergency contacts” here.

Use Emergency SOS on your iPhone - Apple Support

3 replies

Dec 3, 2020 4:31 PM in response to seasong

If you configure his Medical ID and add your contact as an Emergency Contact, that will appear on the Emergency screen if someone attempts to open his phone. They will see Emergency that allows them to contact Emergency Personnel and they can also click on the Medical ID which will provide emergency medical information and list the Emergency Contacts and your name will appear there so you can be contacted.

Dec 3, 2020 4:34 PM in response to seasong

You can create a Medical ID in the Health app, that can be displayed on the Lock screen by tapping Emergency. First responders know how to use this. To do this open the Health app, tap on the personal icon in the upper right corner of the Summary screen and tap Medical ID.

The alternative is to use any text editor (such as Pages) to create an emergency information sheet, then take a screen shot of it. Make that screen shot your lock screen wallpaper.

Lock screen message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.