You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV4K with HomePod no Atmos setup option

I have a pair of Homepods setup with my AppleTV. Everything is updated to the latest software 14.2.

I cannot get the Atmos option in the ATV setup. My only option is the Dolby 5.1. Is there something I need to do? Even with this setting listening to a Dolby 5.1 movie doesn’t seem like the spatial audio is working.

even base is poor on the Homepods.

thanks

thank you

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 1:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 6:40 AM

- Audio Format should be set to Auto, not Dolby Digital 5.1.

- You will not see the Immersive audio option mentioned in Settings with this setup. That will only show if an Atmos-capable audio system is detected (receiver or soundbar).

- ‘Home theater audio’ works with the HomePods, not the HomePod Minis.

Set up home theater audio with HomePod and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

“If you're using home theater audio with HomePod as your Default Audio Output, Dolby Atmos is already set up and you won't see the Immersive Audio option in Settings.”
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2020 6:40 AM in response to Beach City Ed

- Audio Format should be set to Auto, not Dolby Digital 5.1.

- You will not see the Immersive audio option mentioned in Settings with this setup. That will only show if an Atmos-capable audio system is detected (receiver or soundbar).

- ‘Home theater audio’ works with the HomePods, not the HomePod Minis.

Set up home theater audio with HomePod and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

“If you're using home theater audio with HomePod as your Default Audio Output, Dolby Atmos is already set up and you won't see the Immersive Audio option in Settings.”

AppleTV4K with HomePod no Atmos setup option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.