Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Photo library can't be found

I was looking at my photos on my external Hard Disk and trying to work out how I couldn't view them. I worked that out: dragging them to the Desktop and changing the Permissions in the GetInfo window; tedious but it works.

I Ejected the Hard Disk and then Photos "was last found on an external drive; reconnect the drive". How did this happen. I am terrified I will lose another mass of my work. I have lost stuff from 2000 to 2013 due to Apple changes and synching and closing down hosting services.

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 9:31 AM

Ewan Lamont wrote:

Ejected the Hard Disk and then Photos "was last found on an external drive; reconnect the drive".

Did you eject the drive while Photos was open? If so then you've broken the link to the photos on the drive. With the drive connected via cable launch Photos with the Option key held down and in the Open window select Other and navigate to the EHD and select the library there.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2020 9:31 AM in response to Ewan Lamont

Ewan Lamont wrote:

Ejected the Hard Disk and then Photos "was last found on an external drive; reconnect the drive".

Did you eject the drive while Photos was open? If so then you've broken the link to the photos on the drive. With the drive connected via cable launch Photos with the Option key held down and in the Open window select Other and navigate to the EHD and select the library there.

My Photo library can't be found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.