Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Timeline

3 quick timeline questions (basic).

1. When I zoom out of the timeline, I still don't see the right portion of the clips and I am unable to move the "Out" cursor right anymore. Does this thing zoom out anymore so I can see the right portion of the clips in the timeline?

2. I have added behaviors to all these clips, where do I turn on this feature so I can see the behaviors and adjust them in the timeline? I see that they are purple in tutorial videos but I can't figure out how to turn them on.

3). I have searched extensively and read the manual for these answers, is there any video or document you can recommend to clearly navigate the timeline. The other panels are fairly straight forward.

Thanks!!!!

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 2:26 PM

Hi

It looks like you have visibility for masks, filters and behaviors turned off. You can see those little icons - click there to toggle visibility and off.

It also looks like you had a project that had been made shorted by updating the duration in the project settings. If this is the case, then in go to menu-mark-and select 'reset play range'

It also looks like you had a project that had been made shorted by updating the duration in the project settings. If this is the case, then in go to menu-mark-and select 'reset play range'

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2020 2:26 PM in response to bsurfm

Hi

It looks like you have visibility for masks, filters and behaviors turned off. You can see those little icons - click there to toggle visibility and off.

Dec 4, 2020 10:44 AM in response to bsurfm

1) What is the duration of your project? You can only move the |< end marker as far as the set duration of the project.

If you want to go further to the right you have to change the duration. You can do it in the Inspector by clicking the Project in the layers list, or you can do it in the timeline.

Click the clock icon at the top of the timeline, so it changes to look like this:

Then click digits and type the new duration. For example, type "3500" or "35." (wihout the quotes), and press enter, to make it 35 seconds instead of 16:

Then you can scroll the timeline all the way and see the rest of your clips.

2) Click on each behavior in the layers list to select it. It should be highlighted in the timeline, and you can also check its parameters in the Inspector. The reason you aren't seeing them is probably because behaviors, like clips, have in an out points too; I am guessing they are set to begin too far out, beyond the end of the project.

3) Not exactly sure what are looking for specifically, I'd say that navigating the timeline is a very simple thing... maybe question number 1 above will help you realize that. If you are looking for Motion learning material, take a look at rippletraining.com, they are awesome.

Timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.