Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I download an older version of iMovie 10?

My 2013 Macbook Pro is stuck on Mojave, I can't update to Big Sur OR Catalina because I can't find OS10.15 anywhere. The REAL goal is to get iMovie on this machine. Does anyone know where to get the DMG for iMovie 10.1.**?

iMovie 10.2.1 is too new and requiring Catalina which I cannot upgrade to.

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 7:51 AM

Since you are running Mojave you should be able to upgrade to Catalina. Click on Apple Log>About this Mac>Software Update and see if it is available. However, iMovie is not part of the operating system so you upgrading to Catalina will not get you iMovie 10.

If you have or ever have had iMovie 10 on your Mac you can get the highest version that your operating system will run by using this procedure: To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before, but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar.   You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2020 7:51 AM in response to CulpepperPlus

Since you are running Mojave you should be able to upgrade to Catalina. Click on Apple Log>About this Mac>Software Update and see if it is available. However, iMovie is not part of the operating system so you upgrading to Catalina will not get you iMovie 10.

If you have or ever have had iMovie 10 on your Mac you can get the highest version that your operating system will run by using this procedure: To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before, but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar.   You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Where can I download an older version of iMovie 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.