Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network Connection Lost

I'm currently running MacOS Mojave and i'm trying to update to MacOS Big Sur, but when i press 'update now' it takes 2-5 minutes to load, it will download a little then it will proceed to say 'the network connection was lost.'

MacBook

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 9:22 AM

Try the standalone in Safe Mode, but not using Firefox...

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-big-sur/id1526878132?ls=1&mt=12

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup).

Make sure you have at least 36 GB of Free Space on your Hard Drive.

2 replies

Dec 4, 2020 10:29 AM in response to RenMiozawa

The first question I must ask is, are you attempting to download via Wi-Fi? If so, don't. You need to use a wired connection with an Ethernet cable connect to your modem/router. The download can take up to an hour, more or less. Stay off the internet during the download. Then the installation can take another 45 minutes, more or less. Downloads via Wi-Fi often get corrupted and either will not load or if they do, will have big problems. If you still encounter problems, then it would be wise to confirm that your internet is working properly. Step one is to restart the modem. I hope these suggestions are helpful.

Network Connection Lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.