Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app store "update all" problems

Under available updates in the App Store, when I touch "Update All" it prompts me for "Sign in with Apple ID" password. I enter it (yes, I've verified it's correct), then it prompts me again for the same information in a continuous loop, never updating the applications.

If I choose to update the apps one at a time, a different dialog box appears, I enter the same password, and the update works as expected.

I've tried to sign out, and to reboot, then sign back in to no avail..

Anybody got any ideas?

iPad Mini 5, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 10:05 AM

7 replies

Dec 10, 2020 10:05 AM in response to ccsylvia1

Hi ccsylvia1,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. We see that you're being asked for your Apple ID multiple times when you select Update All in the App Store.

We're glad to take a look at this with you.

You've done some good troubleshooting already by signing out, restarting and signing back in.

• Next, be sure that your date and time are set correctly. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and enable Set Automatically.

• Does it see that you are getting a prompt for each app that is in the list in Update All?

Let us know what happens.

Take Care.

Dec 15, 2020 7:55 AM in response to Nicholas_B2

Thanks Nicholas_B2.

I checked the time and date settings... they are correct.

I tried the link you sent.. I've tried to download over the wifi and cellular seperately...

"Does it see that you are getting a prompt for each app that is in the list in Update All?"

I'm not clear about what you are asking in this question.. Can you clarify please?

Thanks

app store "update all" problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.