Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Update Apps in App Sstore

I'm signed into both my device and the App Store successfully using my AppleID, however any time I try to manually run updates on apps the store asks me to sign in again (even though I'm already signed in). I put in my password and each time it asks and it always fails. I can still, however, download and install new apps. Signing out/back in to the app store and device, and rebooting the device has not helped.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 12:13 PM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 12:13 PM in response to Mhorb

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Cannot Update Apps in App Sstore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.