Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought Grand Theft Auto and now its not available

Where can I find the download for my GTA San Andreas... I've tried to figure this out, but no luck. I downloaded it forom the apple app store October 2014. Is my purchase gone forever?? Does apple owe me for the game I purchased but don't have anymore?

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 5:39 PM

In the Wikipedia article about this game, GTA San Andreas, there is no mention that this was ever available as a Mac game through the Mac App Store. In 2014 it was available on the iOS App Store for iOS devices; iPhones, iPads & iPods. It is still available in the iOS App Store on iOS devices.

If you bought it, you bought it from that store on one of those devices and it should be in your account's Purchased details on one of those devices.

As to whether you're owed a refund, if GTA San Andreas has gone through a major upgrade in the last 6 years, then you would need to buy the current version again. Minor updates are free, major upgrades are paid.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2020 5:39 PM in response to cyense101

In the Wikipedia article about this game, GTA San Andreas, there is no mention that this was ever available as a Mac game through the Mac App Store. In 2014 it was available on the iOS App Store for iOS devices; iPhones, iPads & iPods. It is still available in the iOS App Store on iOS devices.

If you bought it, you bought it from that store on one of those devices and it should be in your account's Purchased details on one of those devices.

As to whether you're owed a refund, if GTA San Andreas has gone through a major upgrade in the last 6 years, then you would need to buy the current version again. Minor updates are free, major upgrades are paid.

Dec 5, 2020 4:23 AM in response to cyense101

You don't give a lot of details. Which device you are trying to download this game to?

I find GTA San Andreas available in the iOS App Store.

You aren't likely owed anything for something you bought 6 years ago.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.0.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.2.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.2  HomePods, audioOS 14.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Dec 8, 2020 5:11 PM in response to Dah•veed

I downloaded it from the apple app store and I intended to play it on the iMac

And i don't understand you when you mentioned that I'm not "owed anything" because the purchase was over 6 years ago. If i bought it I thought I bought it and that was that. I didn't know it was an expiration to my apple purchases?

You also mentioned you was able to locate the game can you let me know where and why my download won't work?

Thanks David

I bought Grand Theft Auto and now its not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.