Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with Music app in ios 14

I am having a weird problem playing music in my wife's car.

Since she is hooked up to bluetooth and the car doesn't play well with two phones, I hook up through the USB port. The phone shows up as "iPod". I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Sometimes it will play through the music app fine, but will not allow my Audio Book software, Overdrive to work. It will simply move on to the next song in rotation. Attempt to play the book again, it switches to the next song, ad infinitem.

Other times, the music will apparently try to play, but ends up switching songs multiple times per second. I just see one song after another start and stop before the next one does the same thing.

I have no difficulty in my own car with either the bluetooth or the attached cable. Both work equally well.

I am updated to the current release of ios 14, and have clearing all operation apps from the phone and restarted the iphone as well.

I had no issues like this prior to ios 14.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 12:52 PM

Hello dangriss,

We understand you are having some trouble playing audiobooks in your wife's car. You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

It sounds like you have taken some great steps to troubleshoot this.

Since your iPhone and OverDrive work fine in your car, we recommend checking for a firmware update to your wife's car stereo.

This resource may help as well: Play music, podcasts, audiobooks, and news in your car

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 12:52 PM in response to dangriss

Hello dangriss,

We understand you are having some trouble playing audiobooks in your wife's car. You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

It sounds like you have taken some great steps to troubleshoot this.

Since your iPhone and OverDrive work fine in your car, we recommend checking for a firmware update to your wife's car stereo.

This resource may help as well: Play music, podcasts, audiobooks, and news in your car

Take care.

Trouble with Music app in ios 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.